DLL Error with TERA Launcher
- Delete the .dll file.
- Replace your corrupted .dll file.
- Clear the TERA Launcher cache.
- Delete the Launcher.Version files.
Delete the .dll file.If you receive the .dll file error, navigate to the location that the error displays. Once there, delete the file listed as the cause of the error and restart your TERA Launcher. You should not be able to successfully patch the launcher.
The default location of the TERA launcher is C:/Program Files (x86)/TERA/. Alternatively, if you Right Click on the TERA-Launcher shortcut on your desktop and click "Open File Location", this will also take you to the location of your TERA install.
Replace your corrupted .dll file.If you have already tried deleting the .dll file, you will want to replace the .dll file with a non corrupt copy.
- Close the TERA Launcher completely.
- Download the replacement .dll files from http://patch.tera.enmasse-game.com/temp/dll.zip.
- Right click on the dll.zip file and extract the two .dll files. This step may varry depending on your extraction tool.
- Once the files are extracted, navigate to your TERA folder. Default location is C:/Program Files (x86)/TERA/. Alternatively, if you Right Click on the TERA-Launcher shortcut on your desktop and click "Open File Location", this will also take you to the location of your TERA install.
- Move the .dll file into your TERA folder. Windows should ask you if you would like to overright the file. Make sure to allow the change.
- Start the TERA launcher once again
You should no longer receive the .dll file error from this point on.
Clear the TERA Launcher cache.
The TERA launcher caches some files in a separate folder. Please try the following steps to clear the cache.
- Close the TERA Launcher completely
- Click on the Start or Windows icon
- Windows XP users click Run. Windows Vista, 7 & 8 users Hold the Windows Key on your Keyboard and press R
- Type the following into the text box: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\TERA\launcher\live
- Delete all of the contents in this folder
- Start the TERA Launcher again
This will clear all of the cache used by the TERA Launcher.
Delete the Launcher.Version files.
Deleting the Launcher.Version files will allow the launcher to repatch itself. This will not repatch the game and should take only a couple of minutes to complete.
First, please verify that there are no TERA programs running in your Task Manager. To do that, please follow the instructions below:
- Hold CTRL & Shift then press the ESC key. This will bring up the Windows Task Manager
- Click on the "Processes" tab
- End the "TL.exe", "TERA.exe" and "TERA-Launcher.exe" processes
Once you are done with that, please complete the steps below:
- Navigate to your TERA installation folder. Default location C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA
- Delete the Live-Launcher.version & Live-New-Launcher.version files
- Launch TERA again
The TERA launcher will now re-patch. This may take a couple of minutes and will close and relaunch the launcher a couple times.