Patch Progress Stuck On "Applying Patch"
Any modifications to the game files can cause this issue. If you have made any modifications to your game files you will need to replace the unmodified files or re-patch.
If this issue continues, perform the following steps:
- Verify Your Game Folder Is Not Read Only
- Run The Launcher In Debug Or Windowed Mode
- Remove Your EN.version And Launcher.version Files
- Re-patch TERA
- Navigate to the TERA folder on your hard drive, which is typically located at C: -> Program Files (x86) -> TERA.
- Right Click on the TERA folder and select properties.
- Uncheck the Read-Only box and click apply.
- Make sure "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" is selected.
- Click Okay, and then Okay again.
- Attempt the patch download.
If you are unfamiliar with advanced troubleshooting you will want to run the launcher in debug mode and send the files to customer support for assistance.
If you are familiar with advanced troubleshooting you can run the launcher in windowed mode by following the steps below:
- Click on your Start Menu or Windows Icon
- For Windows Vista & 7 type in "CMD" and press Enter on your keyboard.
For Window XP click on "Run" and type "CMD" and press Enter on your keyboard.
- In the command prompt you will need to navigate to your TERA Folder. To do this type in "cd\" (without the quotation marks) and press enter. This will show just "C:\>_" on the command line.
- Now type in "cd Program File (x86)\TERA" and hit enter.
- Finally, type "tera-launcher .exe /window" and hit enter. Please note that there is a space after tera-launcher before .exe.
- If the you notice that a file has an error, you should navigate to the location of that file. If you notice the file is there, right click on it and go to properties. In properties verify that the file is not set as read only.
- If you are still unable to complete the patch, then you may need to delete your game.version file and re-install the game.
In your TERA game installation folder, locate the EN.version file and any Launcher.version files. Remove these files, and then re-launch the TERA Launcher. Allow the launcher to re-download these files, and the patch should complete!
If you have removed, modified, or deleted any video or game files you will need to re-patch TERA by deleting your game.version file:
- Right Click on your TERA Launcher shortcut
- Click "Open File Location". This will open the exact folder where TERA is installed.
- Right Click on your game.version file and click Delete
- Patch TERA again.