Patch progress stuck on "Applying Patch"
If you find that your patch progress bar is stuck at "Applying Patch", please give it at least 5 minutes. It is likely that there is activity occurring that is not registering on the progress bar. If the progress does not begin to move after 5 minutes, please close out the launcher completely and reopen it. If that does not fix the issue, please attempt the fixes below:
- If you have modded or removed any files you will need to repatch TERA
- Make sure your TERA folder is not Read only
- Run the launcher in Windowed Mode
If you continue to be unable to download the patch, please navigate to the TERA folder on your hard drive, which is typically located at C: -> Program Files (x86) -> TERA.
- Right Click on the TERA folder and select properties.
- Uncheck the Read-Only box and click apply.
- Make sure "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" is selected
- Click Okay, and then Okay again.
- Attempt the patch download.
We are continueing to investigate this issue. If you are still unable to patch please do the following and update us on the forums so we can monitor this issue better.
- Click on your Start Menu or Windows Icon
- For Windows Vista & 7 type in "CMD" and press Enter on your keyboard. For Window XP click on "Run" and type "CMD" and press Enter on your keyboard.
- In the command prompt you will need to navigate to your TERA Folder. To do this type in "cd\" (without the quotation marks) and press enter. This will show just "C:\>_" on the command line.
- Now type in "cd Program File (x86)\TERA" and hit enter.
- Finally, type "tera-launcher .exe /window" and hit enter. Please note that there is a space after tera-launcher before .exe.
- If the you notice that a file has an error, you should navigate to the location of that file. If you notice the file is there, right click on it and go to properties. In properties verify that the file is not set as read only.
- If you are still unable to complete the patch, then you may need to delete your game.version file and repatch the game.
If you have removed the intro videos, modded, or deleted other files, you may need to repatch TERA by deleting your game.version file.
- Right Click on your TERA Launcher shortcut
- Click "Open File Location". This will open the exact folder that TERA is installed into.
- Right Click on your game.version file and click Delete
- Attempt to patch TERA once again