Source File Was Corrupted
"Source file was corrupted" commonly occurs during the patching process when your client has previously been modified. The most common modification is replacing textures in TERA with their original Korean version. We highly recommend you do not modify your files in any way, as you may continue to experience issues in the future as a result. To resolve this issue, please try the troubleshooting steps below:
- Delete Your EN.version File
- Replace Your Game.version File
- Contact Support and Include Your Developer Logs and Diag Information
Delete Your EN.version FileFirst, delete your EN.version files. To do that, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your TERA installation folder. To get to the folder, right-click your TERA launcher and click "Open File Location".
- Delete the EN.Version file.
- Launch TERA again.
The TERA launcher will now re-patch. This may take a few minutes. It will close and relaunch the launcher a couple times.
Replace Your Game.version FileIf deleting your EN.version file did not resolve this issue, you may need to replace your game.version file. First you will want to download a new game.version file. Once that file is downloaded, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your TERA installation folder. To get to the folder, right-click on your TERA launcher and click "Open File Location."
- Drag the new game.version file into this folder. Allow the new game.version file to replace the old one.
- Start the TERA launcher again, but do not press Play.
- Click on "Tools."
- Now run a repair.
- Once the repair is complete, press Play to launch the game. This will take a bit of time, so please be patient.