Unable To Download / Retrieve Manifest Or Metafile
If you continue to experience one of these issues, follow the steps below.
- Restart The Launcher.
- Run TERA As An Administrator.
- Renew IP And Flush Your DNS.
- Perform A Clean Boot.
- Clear Your Launcher Cache.
- Contact Support
Restart The LauncherThe quickest and simplest solution to this problem is to restart the launcher several times.
If your launcher is attempting to connect to the incorrect patching location or if there is any issue with the files a quick restart of the launcher can route you to another source and bypass the issue.
Renew IP And Flush Your DNS Cache
This sounds a bit complicated but it's easy to do. Simply follow the steps below, in order.
- Press the Windows key + R to open a "Run" window.
- Type "cmd" and press Enter to open a console window.
- Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
- Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
- Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
- Type "exit" and press Enter to close the console window.
Clear The Launcher Cache
The launcher caches some files in a separate folder. Clearing these files can resolve certain launcher issues.
- Close the Launcher completely
- Click on the Start or Windows icon
- Windows XP users click Run. Windows Vista and 7 users click in the Search programs and files
- Type the following into the text box: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\TERA\launcher\live
- Delete all of the contents in this folder
- Start the Launcher again
This will clear all of the cache used by the launcher.
WARNING: Changing your host file can cause issues with your computer. Do not do this if you are not comfortable making this change.
- Click on the Start or Windows icon and type in "Notepad". Do not press enter.
- Right click on your Notepad icon and click "Run as Admin"
- Navigate to the hosts file directory: c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Open the "hosts" file
- Remove any lines that are currently in the "hosts" file for "patch.tera.enmasse-game.com".
- Save this file
- Restart the launcher
Providing these files will assist support in identifying and resolving the specific error that is blocking the game from updating correctly.