I've already tried a few things and I still have connection issues
Launcher won't open
Game won't connect
If you've already tried basic troubleshooting, here are a few more ways you can work on connectivity and lag issues.
Reset Connection Settings
This will reset a range of settings that can create connection issues and get in the way of logging into our games. Using these reset commands one at a time can also be a way of narrowing down what sort of network or firewall issue may be giving you problems.
As part of their operation, these commands will reset your network stack, which will drop any active connections you have open.
- Open your Command Prompt in admin mode.
- Type cmd in your start bar
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following commands into your Command Prompt:
- netsh int ip reset reset.txt
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh advfirewall reset
- Restart your launcher.
Renew your IP address and flush the DNS.
- Press the Windows key + R to open a Run window.
- Type cmd and press Enter to open a console window.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Type exit and press Enter to close the console window.
Change Your DNS Settings
Some connectivity issues can be resolved by changing your DNS settings. OpenDNS has a guide on how to change your DNS settings. Google Public DNS is another resource, which uses 188.8.131.52 for your primary server and 184.108.40.206 for your alternative server.
Check for firmware updates on your router
Just as you would see performance improvements by updating your system's drivers, you may see better connectivity if you update your router's firmware. Consult your router's hardware manufacturer's documentation.