I've already tried a few things and I still have connection issues
If you've already tried basic trouble shooting, here are a few more ways you can work on connectivity and lag issues.
Renew your IP address and flush the DNS.
- Press the Windows key + R to open a Run window.
- Type cmd and press Enter to open a console window.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Type exit and press Enter to close the console window.
Change Your DNS Settings
Some connectivity issues can be resolved by changing your DNS settings. OpenDNS has a guide on how to change your DNS settings. Google Public DNS is another resource, which uses 220.127.116.11 for your primary server and 18.104.22.168 for your alternative server.
Check for firmware updates on your router
Just as you would see performance improvements by updating your system's drivers, you may see better connectivity if you update your router's firmware. Consult your router's hardware manufacturer's documentation.