How do I change video settings in TERA PC?
Managing display settings in TERA PC.
Your video options control how you see the world of TERA. To access the Options menu in game, press the O and click Video. If you want TERA to automatically pick settings for you, click Auto Detect under Presets in Graphics Quality.
- Screen Ratio: Set this to match your screen ratio. If you're unsure what your screen ratio is, select Aspect ratio.
- Resolution: Set this to match your screen resolution. Higher resolutions give more details. However, they might lower performance.
- Full Screen: This lets you choose between playing in a smaller window or using your whole monitor. In full screen, match the resolution to your monitor's for the best graphics quality.
- Auto-adjust effect level while in a group: Numerous skill effects on screen at once may slow your computer. This checkbox enables automatic adjustment for large group sizes, decreasing the quality of skill effects to increase performance.
- Effect level: Adjusts the detail of skill effect displays.
- Lurid Display: Enables violent graphic details such as bloodstains.
- Presets: Uses video quality presets to control multiple settings at once. You can then fine-tune specific graphic aspects after configuring the overall visual quality.
- Auto Detect: Examines your PC's CPU, memory, and video card capabilities and recommends a quality setting. Information obtained from this process will never be used for other purposes.
- Adjust Texture Resolution: Adjusts the level of detail of textures.
- PC view distance: Sets the distance at which you can see other player characters. Strategically, you may want to reduce this distance during PvP.
- PC limit: Limits the number of nearby characters and pets displayed on the screen. Characters above the limit will not be animated or displayed. Only their name will be visible to you. This helps performance in cities, where large numbers of characters congregate.
- Character: Controls the polygon count and pixel shader precision of character models and textures. Higher numbers mean more detailed characters. Lower settings raise performance.
- Shadow: Sets the quality of shadows on characters in TERA. The highest quality gives a more detailed and natural shadow, but can be slower.
- Environment distance: Sets the viewable distance and detail level of the world environment.
- Landscape: Sets the viewable distance for small environmental details such as grass, flowers, and little rocks on the terrain.
- Aerial: Sets the detail of the sky and clouds.
- Effects distance: Adjusts the viewable distance of skills and effects.
- Background quality: Adjusts the overall quality of various background effects. When set at minimum level, no effects will be shown.
- Background distance: Adjusts the viewable distance of environmental background effects such as waterfalls and falling leaves.
- Travel effects: Enables effects like dust, footprints, and water splashes as characters move. Controls these on your character and other characters as well.
- Lighting enrichment: Provides better overall color and richer atmosphere. A "high" setting turns on the sunlight effects and enables Anti-Aliasing.
- Low performance dimming: Eliminates excess lighting in the game. Not recommended except for very low performance PCs.
- Overpopulation optimization: Maintains screen display speed by temporarily lowering details when lots of characters are nearby. To display nearby characters in high quality, turn off this option.
- Adjust brightness: Automatically adjusts the overall brightness of the game when the screen is too bright or too dark.