How do I transfer my character to another server?
What are the restrictions for transfering to another server?
How often can I transfer my character?
Players on PC can transfer their characters between the Velika (PVE) and Kaiator (PVP) servers. It costs 2,495 EMP per character or 1,495 EMP per character if you are an Elite subscriber. The cooldown to transfer a character is 5 days. This cooldown applies per character, and not per account.
Alert! Partner transfers may have issues
If you transfer a character on PC to another server, Partners may lose all their skills, and their grade and fellowship will be reduced to 1. If you send us a support request we can restore lost skills, grade and fellowship. We have reported this issue and apologize for any inconvenience.
- Character must be level 15 or above.
- Maximum of 1,000,000 Gold can be moved with the character.
- You must have an open character slot on your destination server.
- Character must not be in a guild.
- Character must not have any items posted with the broker.
- Character must not have any unread mail.
- Character must not have any items in their inventory or pet bank that are bound to a different character.
- Character must not have any non-transferrable items in their inventory or pet bank.
- Character has not transferred between servers for 5+ days.
- Glyph points from Velika's Banquet Token will not transfer, but please send us a support request if you have glyphs that need to be returned.
- Items from events often prevent transfers, for example, Lamb Bulgolgi you've crafted at Rootstock won't transfer, but Lamb Bulgolgi you've made or recieved outside of events should transfer.
What doesn't transfer
When transferring a character to another server, please bear in mind:
- Enhancement Points (EP) do not transfer between servers.
- Any cards that have been entered into your card Collection System, like any server based ability, will not transfer. Card fragments in your inventory can transfer with your character.
- Additional character slots or bank tabs purchased for your character do not transfer.
- Only items in your pet inventory and character's inventory can be moved. The bank does NOT move with the character.
- All items in the inventory of the transferring character will display an "acquired-on" date of the day of the server transfer. It's impossible to restore the original acquired-on dates.
- Friendship bonds with other characters will be reset, even if that character also transfers to the same server. This can't be reset by support and must be earned again on the new server.
- The Vanguard Roll-Call Buff is on a per-server basis, and won't be transferred between servers for the character.
- If your character has bound items in their inventory that are bound to a different character you won't be able to transfer the character. Please put the bound item in your bank or give to another character
- Specific items don't transfer, including all event based items (like Gold Digger's Checklist). If you have these in your inventory you won't be able to transfer your character:
- Village Atlas
- Level 60 Scroll
- Elite Status Voucher
- Certain Alliance Consumables
- Raid Officer's Flash Grenade
- Quartermaster's Noctenium Infusion
- Battlemaster's Noctenium Infusion
- Alliance Noctenium Infusion
- Supply Officer's Invisibilty Potion
- Supply Officer's Detection Totem
- Vault Ticket
- Manxome Draught
- Purification Potion
- Barrel Bomb
- Marda's Gold
- Marda's Steel
- Kyra's Catalyst
- Gold Digger's Checklist
- Velik's Grand Hunt Materials
- Velik's Inspiration
- Velik's Favor
- Velik's Solace
- Velik's Passion
- Velik's Vision
- Velik's Gratitude
- Velik's Fortune
Duplicate names process
If your character name is taken on the destination server that you want to transfer to, you'll need to choose a new name. Once the character transfer is complete the first time you sign into your character on the new server you'll be prompted to change the name if you have a duplicate. After typing in your new character name, press OK to confirm the name.
If you love your character's name so much that you have it tattooed somewhere we don't want to know about, you can do a quick check by rolling a character of the same name on the targeted server to see if the name is available. If it is, delete the "test" character and make your transfer.
To transfer you character:
- Sign into your account
- In TERA select PC Server Transfer.
- Select the server with your character.
- Select the character you want to transfer. If you see Unavailable on your character or see a Transfer Error please make sure you meet all transfer requirements.
- Select your destination server.
- Select Transfer for EMP.
- Click Initiate Transfer.
- The Transfer a Character tool will confirm all requirements, character name, from server and destination server. If it's all correct, press Submit.
- You'll now see your pending transfer under Transfer History.
"Not Enough Character Slots" when attempting to transfer
If you don't have enough character slots when you attempt to transfer your character you'll need to purchase a character slot or delete a character to free up space.