What does unknown file error mean?
How do I fix unknown file error in TERA?
How do I run repair in TERA?
The unknown file error happens when the patcher detects an unknown, corrupt, or missing file during the patch process. Using the repair tool in the TERA Launcher normally fixes this issue.
- Open your the TERA Launcher.
- Click Tools
- Select Repair
- Let the repair finish before you click the play button. If you press Play before it finishes finishing you'll crash with an Fatal Client Exception: FFFF:FFFF error. If this happens, close out of the launcher, sign in, and run the repair again.
Note: The repair can take up to an hour.
Trigger a bigger repair
If repair did not resolve the issue, replace three files in your game folder EN.Version, Game.version, and Live2-Launcher.version.
To replace the files
- Exit and close completely out of the TERA launcher.
- Right-click your TERA launcher icon and click Open File Location.
- From the file location create a backup copy these three files from the TERA folder onto your desktop:
- In the file location delete
Now you have a backup of essential files and will force a more comprehensive repair process.
- Restart the launcher, sign in, but don't press Play.
- Click on Tools and select Repair. The repair can take an hour to complete.
- Don't click Play until the repair has finished. If you click play before finishing you will crash with an FFFF:FFFF error.