Connection issues on Xbox or PlayStation
Everyone occasionally gets disconnected from the internet, but if you're disconnected on a regular basis or have connectivity issues such as persistent lag, we've written a few troubleshooting steps.
PlayStation and Xbox also have detailed troubleshooting guides to help you:
Restart your modem and router
Your modem and router allow you to access the Internet. If you are disconnecting from game try restarting your modem (and your router, if you have one). If you are not confident you know how to restart your modem can contact your Internet Service Provider for the official way to reset your modem.
Check your wireless connection
Your wireless signal can lose strength as you get farther away from the source, especially indoors, where walls get in the way. Moving your console closer to the router (or vice versa) may improve your signal. If you can't improve your wireless signal strength, consider using a wired Ethernet connection
Run a connectivity test
Microsoft and Sony offer tools on their consoles that allow users to diagnose their connections.
Contact Your Internet Service Provider
If you still cannot maintain a steady internet connection, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). They have tools which can quickly diagnose your problem and get you back online.
If the error persists
If you continue to get this issue, please send us a support request. To help us troubleshoot this issue, please provide as much information as possible.
- What you've already tried (checked for connection settings, restarted etc).
- What character, class and race does it happen to?
- Does this issue happen in the open world or in a dungeon (and if so, what dungeons does it occur it?).
- Does it happen with specific bosses?
- Does it happen at a specific time of day?
- Does it happen when you use a specific skill?
- How many people are in your party when this happens?