This article is for our legacy TERA launcher. We encourage you to upgrade to our new En Masse launcher to enjoy faster downloads, patching, and a better overall experience. The legacy TERA launcher will continue to be usable, for now. We'll eventually halt support, once we've confirmed the new launcher works as intended for all players.
What does unable to retrieve manifest mean?
Why can't I download the metafile?
There are several causes for this error, and the first step is to wait several minutes and try again.
If this error continues, here are some steps you can try:
Check your internet connection
This error can be caused by network disruption so the first step is to check that there aren't any issues with your connection.
Restart the launcher multiple times
Restart the launcher several times. When your launcher runs a patch it can download files from different sources, to maximize speed and efficiency. If the source it's going to is having difficulties, quickly restarting the launcher can send your launcher to another location and bypass the issue.
Clear the launcher cache
The launcher caches some files in a separate folder. Clearing these files can resolve certain launcher issues.
- Close the Launcher completely
- Click on the Start or Windows icon
- Windows XP users click Run. Windows Vista and 7 users click in the Search programs and files
- Type the following into the text box: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\TERA\launcher\live
- Delete all of the contents in this folder
- Start the Launcher again
Renew IP and flush your DNS cache
- Press the Windows key + R to open a "Run" window.
- Type "cmd" and press Enter to open a console window.
- Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
- Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
- Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
- Type "exit" and press Enter to close the console window.
This will clear all of the cache used by the launcher.
Reset your host file
WARNING: Changing your host file can cause issues with your computer. Do not do this if you are not comfortable making this change.
- Click on the Start or Windows icon and type in "Notepad". Do not press enter.
- Right click on your Notepad icon and click "Run as Admin"
- Navigate to the hosts file directory: c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Open the "hosts" file
- Remove any lines that are currently in the "hosts" file for "patch.tera.enmasse-game.com".
- Save this file
- Restart the launcher