How do I change my name in TERA?
Get a fresh start with a new character name. You can purchase a voucher for a name change through the TERA store.
Once your purchase is complete, you'll find the Name Change voucher waiting for you in Item Claim in the in-game TERA store menu.
When you select the voucher in your inventory, your character will be moved to the character selection screen where you can rename them and get right back into the game with your new identity.
Character names should not violate our Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct. You may only change a character's name once every 60 days.
Character Name Rules
- Characters names are unique per server.
- The maximum number of letters is 20 characters on PC and 15 characters on console.
- The minimum number of letters is 3 characters.
- You can use the following characters: [A-Z] or [a-z] and [.].
- Numbers are not allowed.
- Spaces are not allowed.
- Capital letters can't exist in the middle of a word. For example: "firSt.laSt" is not allowed. First.Last is fine.
- Periods are only allowed in the middle of the name, you can't have two periods in a row.
- No more than two periods can be in a name.