How do I change my name in TERA?
Get a fresh start with a new character name. Name change vouchers can be purchased with EMP through the store or in-game from other players (generally through the Trade Broker or direct trade), allowing you to change your character's name.
If you purchase your voucher through the En Masse Store you'll need to collect it from Item Claim to put it in the correct character's inventory.
- Claim the voucher to move it to your inventory of the character whose name you want to change.
- Activate the voucher in your inventory.
- Your character will be moved to the character selection screen where you can rename them and get right back into the game with your new identity.
Character names should not violate our Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct. You may only change a character's name once every 60 days.
Character Name Rules
- Characters names are unique per server.
- The maximum number of letters is 20 characters on PC and 15 characters on console.
- The minimum number of letters is 3 characters.
- You can use the following characters: [A-Z] or [a-z] and [.].
- Numbers are not allowed.
- Spaces are not allowed.
- Capital letters can't exist in the middle of a word. For example: "firSt.laSt" is not allowed. First.Last is fine.
- Periods are only allowed in the middle of the name, you can't have two periods in a row.
- No more than two periods can be in a name.