How long does it take to delete a character in TERA?
Does level influence how a character is deleted?
I can't get in to my game, because I have too many characters!
In TERA, characters under level 40 that are deleted will be removed immediately.
For characters level 40 and above, you have 24 hours to change your mind!
This can be helpful if you forgot to empty their inventory. It can be particularly helpful if you went over the character maximum after a server merge and need to get into the game, to either apply extra character slots or shuffle things around before picking who to delete permanently.
Items in your bank are shared between all characters and won't be deleted.
To delete a character on console:
- Go to the character selection screen and press R3/Right Stick
- Confirm that you want to delete your character.
- Once you've confirmed, a level 40 or above character will have a trashcan icon next to their name.
- If you click on the character it will show you how much time your character has left. From there press R3/Right Stick to cancel their deletion.
- Confirm that you'd like to cancel their deletion.