If you updated your Closers client through Steam on April 20 between 6:20 PM PDT and 8:00 PM PDT (UTC: April 21, 01:30 – 03:30) and are unable to enter the game, please follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to your Closers game client install location. This should be in your SteamLibrary.
- Search for the file script_pack.cmf. Its location should be SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\closers\closers\DAT\script_pack.cmf
- Delete this file - script_pack.cmf
- Launch the game like you normally do thru Steam.
If removing the script_pack.cmf file does not work to resolve your issue, you may need to manually delete your Closers install and re-install with Steam Note: Steam uninstall function alone will not resolve the issue. You need to manually delete the game folder.
- Locate your games local install directory
- Use Steam's uninstall function and uninstall Closers
- Manually delete the remaining Closers folder in your Steam Library
- Install Closers through Steam
We realize not all players can easily re-download the 10g game. We are still looking for an easier solution.
If you are able to re-install, that could be the quickest solution.
We appreciate your understanding.